Ioachim și Ana: Diferență între versiuni
|Linia 62:||Linia 62:|
[[en:Joachim and Anna]]
[[en:Joachim and Anna]]
Versiunea de la data 9 septembrie 2008 21:00
| Acest articol (sau părți din el) este propus spre traducere din limba engleză!
Dacă doriți să vă asumați acestă traducere (parțial sau integral), anunțați acest lucru pe pagina de discuții a articolului.
Sfinţii şi drepţii Ioachim şi Ana sunt părinţii Maicii Domnului şi bunicii lui Iisus Hristos. Prăznuirea lui se face pe 9 septembrie (ziua ce urmează după Naşterea Maicii Domnului), iar adormirea sfintei Ana este prăznuită la data de 25 iulie.
St. Joachim was of the tribe of Judah, and a descendant of King David. Anna was the daughter of Matthan the priest, of the tribe of Levi as was Aaron the High Priest. Matthan had three daughters: Mary, Zoia, and Anna. Mary was married in Bethlehem and bore Salome; Zoia was also married in Bethlehem and bore Elizabeth, the mother of St. John the Forerunner; and Anna was married in Nazareth to Joachim, and in old age gave birth to the Theotokos. Joachim and Anna had been married for fifty years, and were barren. They lived devoutly and quietly, using only a third of their income for themselves and giving a third to the poor and a third to the Temple, and they were well provided for. Once, when they were already old and were in Jerusalem to offer sacrifice to God, the High Priest, Issachar, upbraided Joachim, "You are not worthy to offer sacrifice with those childless hands." Others who had children jostled Joachim, thrusting him back as unworthy. This caused great grief to the two aged souls, and they went home with very heavy hearts. Then the two of them gave themselves to prayer to God that He would work in them the wonder that He had worked in Abraham and Sarah, and give them a child to comfort their old age.
God sent them His angel, who gave them tidings of the birth of "a daughter most blessed, by whom all the nations of the earth will be blessed, and through whom will come the salvation of the world." Anna conceived at once, and in the ninth month gave birth to the holy Virgin Mary. This Conception of the Most Holy Mother of God is celebrated by the Church on December 9 and the Nativity of the Theotokos is celebrated on September 8.
Joachim and Anna took Mary, at the age of three, to the temple to be dedicated to the service of the Lord, and presented her to the priest Zechariahs. The parents then, after offering up her sacrifice (according to the custom of the time), left the Virgin with other maidens in the apartments of the temple to be brought up therein. The Church commemorates the Presentation of the Theotokos on November 21.
Adormirea sfintei şi dreptei Ana
During the next seven years, Righteous Anna and Joachim visited Mary often at the temple until they died, leaving her an orphan at age ten. St. Joachim lived for 80 years and Anna for 79, and they both entered into the kingdom of God before the Annunciation to the Most Holy Theotokos. The Dormition feast day of St. Anna is celebrated on July 25.
During the reign of St Justinian the Emperor (527-565), a church was built in honor of St Anna at Deutera. And since St Anna had appeared to his pregnant wife, Emperor Justinian II (685-695; 705-711) restored her church. It was at this time that her body and maphorion (veil) were transferred to Constantinople.
- Let us sing praises to Joachim and Anna,
- the couple honored by God
- (and they are His kinsmen).
- They have borne for us the Maiden
- who in a manner beyond understanding
- gave birth to Him Who though fleshless,
- became the incarnate to save the world.
- With her they intercede for our souls.
Condac (Glas 2)
- Anna rejoices, released from her barrenness,
- and nurses her most pure child.
- She calls all people to glorify Him
- Who gave the Virgin Mother to mankind from her womb.
Imnografie de la Adormirea sfintei Ana
Tropar - Glas 4
- Divinely-wise Anna, you carried in your womb the pure Mother of God, who gave life to our Life.
- Therefore, you are now carried joyfully to the inheritance of heaven,
- To the abode of those who rejoice in glory,
- Where you seek forgiveness of sins for those who faithfully honor you, ever blessed one.
Condac - Glas2
- We celebrate the memory of the progenitors of Christ,
- And with faith we ask their help,
- That deliverance from every affliction be granted to those who cry out:
- "Be with us, O God, who in Your good pleasure glorified them."
What the Church knows of the Theotokos’ parents, survives from several sources, primarily the Protoevangelion of James.
- The Holy & Righteous Ancestors of God, Joachim and Anna (GOARCH)
- Holy and Righteous Ancestor of God, Joachim, Holy and Righteous Ancestor of God, Anna (OCA)
- Dormition of the Righteous Anna, the Mother of the Most Holy Theotokos (OCA)
- Dormition of St. Anna, mother of the Theotokos (GOARCH)
- Icon of Ss. Joachim and Anna with the Theotokos