| Acest articol (sau părți din el) este propus spre traducere din limba engleză!
Dacă doriți să vă asumați acestă traducere (parțial sau integral), anunțați acest lucru pe pagina de discuții a articolului.
Saint Ignatius Brianchaninov (1807-1867) is a saint in the Russian Orthodox Church. He was born Dimitri Alexandrovich Brianchaninov, to a wealthy landowning family. He was educated at Pioneer Military School in St. Petersburg. Although successful in his studies he was deeply unhappy there and turned to a life of prayer. In 1827 he fell seriously ill and left the army on this ground. He began pursuing a monastic vocation and in 1831 took vows and received the monastic name of Ignatius. Soon after he was ordained a priest. He rose rapidly to the rank of archimandrite and at the age of 26 was appointed superior of the St. Sergius monastery in St. Petersburg. In 1857, he was consecrated Bishop of the Caucasus and the Black Sea, but he retired only four years later to devote himself to writing. 
He wrote a very large amount of material, mostly about the spiritual life and prayer. Only a small portion of his writing has been translated into English. Although his writing was intended primarily for monks, his works are highly recommended for lay Christians by leading Orthodox figures such as Father Thomas Hopko. 
Cărţi în limba română:
- Ignatie Briancianinov, Fărâmiturile Ospăţului, ed. Episcopiei, Alba Iulia, 1996, 268 p. (traducere de: Andrei Andreicuţ, arhiepiscop de Alba-Iulia)
Canonizarea ca sfânt
A fost canonizat de către Sinodul Local al Bisericii Ortodoxe Ruse întrunit în anul 1988. Sfintele sale moaşte se află la Mănăstirea Tolga, lângă Yaroslavl. <ref.>Maximovici, Sf. Ioan. Proslăvirea ortodoxă a Fecioarei Maria Născătoarea de Dumnezeu, Sf. Gherman al Frăţiei din Alaska 1996. p. 20</ref>
- He who is careless about prayer is careless about his salvation; he who quits prayer renounces his salvation.
- Worldly people and even monks without spiritual discernment are nearly always attracted by humbugs, imposters, hypocrites and those who are in demonic delusion, and they take them for saints and genuine servants of God.
- http://saraca.1plan.net/biblioteca/marea_apostazie.htm - Sfântul Ierarh Ignatie Brianceaninov şi scrierile sale
- Despre înşelare
- (ru) The Act of Canonization of the Local Council of the Russian Orthodox Church, Trinity-Sergius Laura, 6-9 June, 1988.