Duminica Sfintei Maria Egipteanca
| Acest articol (sau părți din el) este propus spre traducere din limba engleză!
Dacă doriți să vă asumați acestă traducere (parțial sau integral), anunțați acest lucru pe pagina de discuții a articolului.
The Sunday of St. Mary of Egypt is the Fifth and last Sunday of Great Lent. It is the start of the last week of Great Lent. It commemorates Saint Mary of Egypt (+522), the repentant harlot. After this week comes Holy Week, the week beginning with Palm Sunday.
Each of the Sundays of Great Lent has a special theme. This Sunday’s theme has three parts.
- First, no amount of past sin and wickedness can keep a truly repentant person from God.
- Second, Christ himself has come to call sinners to repentance and to save them from their sins (Luke 5:32).
- Third, in Saint Mary we see that it is never too late in life, or in Lent, to repent.
Christ will gladly receive all who come to him with sincere repentance, even at the eleventh hour.
Troparion (Tone 8)
- The image of God was truly preserved in you, mother,
- For you took up the Cross and followed Christ.
- By so doing, you taught us to disregard the flesh, for it passes away,
- But to care instead for the soul, since it is immortal.
- Therefore your spirit, holy mother Mary, rejoices with the angels!
Kontakion (Tone 3)
- Having been a sinful woman,
- You became through repentance a Bride of Christ.
- Having attained angelic life,
- You defeated demons with the weapon of the Cross.
- Therefore, most glorious Mary, you are a Bride of the Kingdom!